Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Under Arsenal


I feel the need to tackle the issue of the under arsenal. Many women are unhappy with the appearance of their body. I watched a reality TV show called "The Swan". The premise of the show is women getting extreme plastic surgery in an effort to radically change their "ugly duckling" looks. I hate this concept. It confirms to women that there is something wrong with them. I watched the whole show and in the end they did nothing that I could not do with appropriate underpinnings and new hair and make up. Ladies you are beautiful!!! I don't care who you are. Cloths work for you and not the other way around. If you are considering radical surgery to fix you call me first! I am Sarah Hosman, Personal Shopper and Stylist, I promise I can radically change your perception of who you are and how you look, and you won't have to mortgage your house to do it. I have also been a makeup artist working with Mary Kay Cosmetics for 10 years. Let me now tackle the main point of this blog UNDER WEAR!!!



This seems like common sense, but many a stylish woman have missed the mark because of poor foundation garments. While the thong is an excellent concept for the bedroom and VPL (Visible Pantie Line) we can all agree that it does leave the wearer a bit exposed. The key to undergarment world can be summed up in one word: NUDE. You want it to look like you are wearing nothing at all and have a seamless streamline look. Look for fabrics that are nude in color also this will only enhance the nude appearance.




Bras: First get a GOOD bra fitting. You can contact me or go to Nordstroms for an appropriate bra fitting. This is the first an most essential part. 70% of women wear an ill fitting brassiere. Select a bra with under wiring, smooth fabric and sits low on the back. Your lift should come from a supportive back not your straps. Look for a thicker cup to avoid a "turkeys done look". My personal favorite bra is Le Mystere.






Panties: Avoid creating a lumpy roll around your midsection with a pantie waistband that is too tight. Instead opt for knickers that rise to where there is less flesh to contort. There are panties to create a more shapely bum and others to reduce the size of an already shapely tushie. if you are looking for a tummy tuck then try panties and "girdle" you in(the waist band on these will rise just under the bra strap). Spanx is a well known girdle site that is quite comfortable though not the only option. For full body shapers buy them in separates for ease in the restroom...



Slip: A simple slip can help you avoid a host of fashion embarrassments like sunlit transparency and static stick up.
Please feel free to contact me for your personal under arsenal shopping session. www.perfectpintuck.com or perfectpintuck@gmail.com

1 comments on "The Under Arsenal"

Heather on September 25, 2008 at 6:42 PM said...

This is a great site. I, personally, can and probably should take the advise.