Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Discovering Your Body Type


As a personal shopper one of the chief complaints I hear is "I'm too fat", coupled with "nothing ever fits me". LADIES! This is simply not true. You are perfect the way you are and it is appropriate to dress your current body nicely so that you will have a positive outlook on you. Most people are surprised to find out that fit is the most easily resolved of the fashion foibles. I think that we can all agree that pants should not hand down at the ankles or jacket arms hang down past our palms...Yet I see FIT problems all day long and it is destroying your self image ladies. May I so aptly propose that we all get to know and love our body type.
Let me introduce you to the four body types:

Pears: Ladies you have "pa-dunk-a-dunk" You need to work what you got! Love your tush and curves not everyone gets those.

Pears: Look for straight leg pants , A-Line skirts and avoid anything tapered

Ruler: You are straight and thin. These are model bodies!
Rulers: Look for items to emphasis and define the waist to give a curvier look.


Hour Glass: This is the look that we all strive for. Marilyn Monroe was a perfect hour glass and it is a give. You are a "brick house".
Hour Glass: Look for items that emphasis your small waist and work with your curves.
Apples: You need to "shake what your mama gave ya!" You have larger arms, shoulders and chests plus you have GREAT legs.
Apples: Look for wrap tops to de-emphasize the chest and show off those great legs! (but not with Shorty Shorts)
For more help with finding your personal body type and how to dress it contact me at perfectpintuck@gmail.com
Or check out my website www.perfectpintuck.com.





2 comments on "Discovering Your Body Type"

* Missy * on September 23, 2008 at 8:47 AM said...

what a fun site sarah! i love it :) soooo, what shape am i?

Sarah on September 26, 2008 at 11:12 PM said...

Oh my dear! I have not seen you since the baby so you may be a little different but I would say that you would typically be an apple.