Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Are you a Renaissance Woman??


Hello folks I wanted to spend some time discussing the different body types more in depth to help you "figure" out your FIGURE... The first group we are going to look at is one of the most common figures: Middle Figured/Apples, these gals are our Renaissance Women. Renaissance art portrayed women with a delicious creamy center to show their femininity, health and approachability. Middle Figure simply means your fullest part is around your navel. Despite the signs of health and approachability Middle Figures can often suffer from a lack of confidence and frustration with shopping. Middle Figures need to remember that in spite of their warm center they have amazing limbs that can help give them a more slender look.

Before I proceed further I want to introduce myself: I am Sarah Hosman, Personal Shopper and Stylist in the Phoenix Area. I would love to help you find a wardrobe that will make you feel like a queen. I teach style classes for small to large groups. I can also take you for a personalized style session. Please contact me if you are in need of my services and I will send you a services sheet. perfectpintuck@gmail.com
First rule to dressing all Body Types is to never accessorize and embellish the fullest part of your body. For the Middle Figured girls that means avoiding belts and sashes around your waist.
Rule two is to look for tops with structure that float away from the tummy. Middle Figured Women can look for larger prints, but use with caution. Look for jackets that have great seaming and fit the broadest part of you.


This item is at Bananna Republic

Rule three is to direct attention up to your face you can often do that with a fancy neckline that is rounded or V-neck and exposes a bit of skin. This item came from Anthropologie

Pants! Look for pants that have structured supportive waist band and are mid rise. You want to avoid pants that give you "grandma pants" (this means your pant waist band hits under your bust line) or give you the muffin top (pants sitting too low that cause the tummy to expand out the top) Many apples complain of a flatter tushy so look for pants that have buttons on the back pockets and sit higher on the bottom. These pants are from Ann Taylor Loft


Underpinnings! If you still feel uncomfortable with your tummy then look for underpinnings that give you a cleaner line over your tummy. This item came from Spanx

1 comments on "Are you a Renaissance Woman??"

Cardigan Empire on January 30, 2009 at 11:02 PM said...

I love the renaissance women allusion. Whenever I feel robust through the abdomen, I always like to imagine that I am a Renoir nymph. That usually makes me feel better.