Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Stylish workout wear


Workout gear is one of those necessary evils in my mind. You can't go to the gym in stilettos and a pencil skirt...you just get strange looks....I know I have tried...But no need to fear I am hear to give a little peak into some stylish and easy work out pieces even on a budget.

Now this blog and personal shopper in no way advocate wearing active wear as day to day wear...NOT OK! Gym cloths are for the gym!

Tops: The most important thing to consider here is if your lovely lady lumps are fit for a built in bra top or if a sports bra and top are the right way to go. I would say that any one below a D cup can wear a bra top and anyone D and above would want to consider a supportive active wear bra and an over shirt.

This Pearlizumi Top for $65 has a built in sports bra and adjustable supportive razor back straps.

This fashionable top is by Lucy for $52.


This Glamorise bra for larger chest sizes is $35


Bottoms: There are so many choices for bottoms...shorts, capris, pants, tight, loose....what to choose? Choose bottoms that are concussive to what you are doing, don't wear loose pants if you are going to ride a bike or a spin class wear appropriate biking shorts...Here are few options that can serve many purposes.

These are standard, comfortable and versatile workout pants by Fit Couture for $59.

This emerging trend is one that I really like, it is the workout skirt. It has shorts under but smooth over the tushy. This Pearlizumi skirt is $50.

These Lucy Shorts are a great length for $58
These Champion cropped pants are a quick dry material perfect for indoor or outdoor workouts, only $34!
These are just a few suggestions for how to make your active wear wardrobe work for you!

2 comments on "Stylish workout wear"

Jenna Allen on July 6, 2009 at 5:07 PM said...

Cute ideas -- Thanks!

Gianna Blake on January 28, 2017 at 3:50 AM said...

Wow!! This workout skirt looks really lovely and trendy too. I will add this cute skirt in my work out gear as I always try to look modest in my gym. My trainer gave me tips on why to wear comfortable clothing, and I love doing workout in best clothing for best output.